Sharp Professional Painting
Job Title: Painter
Report to: Mr. Charles G. Sharp, President, CEO
Painters perform some or all of the following duties,
• Apply paint, vinyl and wallpaper including special papers and fabrics to walls, furniture and structures.
• Examine and maintain painted exterior and interior painted surfaces, trimming and fixtures.
• Prepare surfaces and apply paints, stains, shading stains, and clear finishes.
• Remove previous paint by means of sandblasting, scraping, sanding, hydro-blasting and steam-cleaning.
• Inspect and refurbish wall surfaces by means of the appropriate materials.
• Determine, cut and apply wallpaper or fabric to walls.
• Read blueprints and drawings of the premise for the execution of painting job
• Order paint supplies and materials.
• Apply wood finishing by suitably preparing surface.
• Cover interior walls and ceilings with wallpaper or fabrics.
• Operate and maintain high pressure low volume spray machines.
• Submit finished work orders to supervisor.
• Provide assistance to semi-skilled or unskilled workers.
• Operate and maintain various power and manual tools.
• Maintain logs of Volatile Organic Compound and spray volume.
• Follow established protection procedures.
• Clean up job site after work and return equipment and tools.
• Maintain a clean work environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Minimum four years’ experience in exterior and interior, commercial and industrial.
High school diploma or GED.
Trade school apprenticeship program that includes theory and on-the-job work.
Hard working and prompt to work scheduled time
Honest and loyal
Patient and friendly
Must wear white painter’s paints and uniform shirt on all project job sites.
Pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Must be willing to take random drug screenings.
Have reliable transportation.
Show proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the U.S. ·
Pass background check.
Must attend safety classes.
Compensation: $12 to $15 per hour, pay is based on experience.